Oh, Valentine's Day...how I love you!
In the past I haven't always loved this holiday...I tend to love the holidays with the most food...Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc. And in the past I never felt any more loved on this day than any other day of the year...But this year, Valentine's Day was fabulous...I felt more loved than ever, and more grateful for those that I love!
In the morning I had a knock at the door, and when I went to answer it, there was a delivery guy standing there holding these...
These were from my sweetheart! Isn't he so cute! I love how he is romantic and how he loves to spoil me! What a good boy! And I didn't even drop a single hint! I honestly thought I wouldn't get anything since I will see him this weekend anyways, but he surprised me! I LOVE surprises!! I also got a cute card from him in the mail, because he knows I love to get "good" mail...not just bills. I just love him so much!
I took a nap during the afternoon since I had to work that night, and when I woke up, this was between my door, and my neighbors door...
We were 'Heart Attacked' by someone in the ward! How cute!! It's so nice to feel loved! And I still always feel so blessed to have such great friends here!! I LOVE them so much!
After school I try to have an after school snack ready for the kids, whether it be rice crispy treats, homemade cookies, homemade mini muffins, etc. But on Valentine's Day I made heart shaped Jello-O jigglers...per Noah's request. I made the jello in the morning so it would be set and ready for when the kids got home from school. Here is just one jiggler that Noah ate...the whole pan was gobbled up with minutes, literally!
Lily's Valentine Hair...before school
Then for dinner we did a red/pink themed dinner just to be silly. I did breakfast for dinner, and made pink scrambled eggs, red pancakes, sausages, and pink lemonade. The kids thought it was great! Then for dessert we had homemade heart shaped sugar cookies with Valentine sprinkles that we had made the day before.
Doesn't Ash look thrilled? I should've retaken the picture!
What a fun day to celebrate the feeling of
LOVE.
LOVE.
I am so blessed!

No comments:
Post a Comment