January 15, 2011

Let's clear things up...

Okay, I knew as soon as I posted anything about me being in a relationship, the judgements would start coming. And I will say, that overall, I am so happy that most people are being so supportive. BUT, there have been a few comments made, and a few questions asked, so I will address them, and then I am moving on.

#1-Yes, it is fast. From when my divorce was finalized to when Brandon and I talked on the phone was one month. BUT, that doesn't mean that it isn't right! And, I did everything the right way. I waited until my divorce was finalized before I got on any websites, and such. I e-mailed him first. Then we talked on the phone, and I didn't go out there until I had received that personal recommendation about him, and had prayed about it. I went there first so I could scope him out! I was cautious...very cautious. And it still feels so right, so really, why does it matter if it is fast? Plus, only those that have been divorced will understand. It may seem fast on a calendar. But I have been emotionally divorced for two years. An incident happened two years ago this month that made me check out, so although I was still legally with 'S,' I really wasn't there emotionally. Therefore, although this is all so fast, it was still easy for me to open my heart to someone else so quickly because I had been disconnected from 'S' for such a long time. And really, when is the right time? 3 months? 6 months? A year? Only I can answer that.

#2- The kids are fine. More than fine. I will not get into specifics on this, but please know that I wold NEVER do anything to put them in harms way, or to let them get hurt again. They very happy for me! I eased them into the idea of Brandon. I asked Noah's permission to go and visit him, and asked him if it was okay if I had a boyfriend? Noah replied with complete excitement, "yes!" And I recently have let Noah talk on the phone with him, so that they can build a little friendship before Brandon comes out here for a visit. Just please know that I am trying my hardest to be happy and do what's best for me, but I do completely understand that I have kids, and that I have to be cautious for them too! I get it. BUT, anyone who knows my kids knows that they love people! They aren't shy, and they talk to anybody! I have to beg them not to sit on people laps when people come over to the house for a visit! And at times I find it annoying...wishing they were more shy. But now I know that I got these three amazing children and their loving personalities for a reason! They are quick to open their hearts, and quick to love, and that is a good thing, because I think that Heavenly Father knew what I was going to go through, so he sent these kids with these great personalities so that they would be so easy going and easily adaptable in case I ever married again. The kids are great! They can't wait for Brandon to come for visit!

#3-Don't I need time to heal? Yes. BUT, Brandon and I have talked extensively about this. And he is so amazing about it all! He knows that I am scared, and have trust issues, and he just constantly reassures me that no matter what he will treat me with respect and stick by my side! He is so amazing! So, yes, I need time to heal, but it could take many years. And Brandon is part of that healing! He has taught me that there are GREAT guys out there! So I refuse to push him away just because I am scared of getting hurt....he has come into my life at this time for a reason!

#4-How serious is it? Let's put it this way...we are totally committed to each other, and we already constantly talk about our future. There.

Any more questions, or can we all just move on and be happy??

Okay, good. Love you all!

No comments: