March 31, 2011

My Guy Came...Again!!

Last weekend my guy came...aka, my FIANCE!! I love saying that!! He came for three days and it was HEAVENLY!!

On Friday I got a babysitter so that I could pick him up from the airport alone and then we could go directly out for dinner/date night. We went to 'Texas Roadhouse' because I was craving their amazing rolls with cinnamon butter, and I think he was just craving any type of meat!

On Saturday Lily had an extra ballet practice in the morning. Then we picked Lily and her friend Morgan up from Ballet, and headed to Morgan's house to drop her off. Brandon mentioned that we should invite Morgan's entire family to go with us to lunch and shopping at 'The Legends' (a big outdoor shopping center) here in Kansas City. Our friends gladly accepted and so we all headed to the 'T-Rex Cafe' for lunch together. It was the same place that I brought Ash for her birthday, but it was Brandon's idea to go back because he wanted to see it, and he knew how much the kids loved it! I love that man!! He's so great!

At the 'T-Rex' cafe you can buy tickets to dig for dinosaur fossils. Brandon got the kids tickets and they began digging away and playing in the kid area, while my friend Chantel and I went to the 'Gymboree Outlet' next door. Let me just say how nice it was to have a little break from the kids to shop with my girlfriend! Even if I did only barely spend $25 and shop at one store for some summer clothes for Lily. It was just nice to have a little break! And, just so you know, my sweet guy, and Chantel's husband offered to keep all the kids so that we could! They are great!


Lily, and friends Max & Morgan
Noah buried himself next to the dinosaur fossils.
Noah and Max
Brandon and Lily
Ash and Morgan
Me and my guy
Eating dinner...Lily and Morgan
Noah and Max

When we got home we did baths, dinner, and a Redbox movie night. Then all 5 of us went through all of our family scrapbooks, so that Brandon could see me preggos, and see pictures of when the kids were little. It was so much fun to reminisce! And a little embarrassing to see have chubby I used to be...who knew someone could have 3 chins!! :)

What's funny is that we got the kids in bed by 9p, and then I went upstairs to get some art supplies to work on 'Sharing Time' that I was in charge of the next day. Well, Brandon laid down on the couch, I turned on the movie 'Monster in Law' and sat in front of him on the floor and got to work on my sharing time. Well, within minutes he looked like this...


snoring away...with Daisy! It was so funny! It was barely 9:30p!! It took me about 2 hours to get sharing time planned, and after I was finished I went to turn the lights off and go upstairs, but he woke up because he heard the floor creaking (a common annoyance in my house!!). He looked at me and asked how long he had been asleep, and told him that he fell asleep within seconds of laying on the couch! We agreed that he must have just been so worn out from being a "dad" for a day! It's hard work going from being single to instant "daddy" of 3!! How funny!

Sunday we went to church where the love of my life spent all of sacrament with his arm wrapped around his favorite girl...Lily. After church we went to my cousin Matt & Bev's house for dinner, and then we had my friend Chantel and her family over for dessert. It was SO much fun!! We all laughed so hard!! They are both amazing couples that I have idealized them both for a long time! They have amazing marriages, and great family dynamics. What great examples they are to me!

Monday we did pretty much nothing because I was starting to feel sick (I ended up getting the flu that night at work and was sick all the next day!). Brandon was fabulous enough to get the kids breakfast and off to school, and then he played with Ash in the basement until almost 10:30a so that I could sleep. Have I mentioned how much I love that guy?!? Then we did go to 'Jose Peppers' for lunch...one last date before he left. Although not the smartest choice when you feel a sickness coming on!

By late Monday afternoon my friend Katie came down from Minnesota with her four kids to spend 3 days with me, and to meet Brandon. We all sat around and made small talk for a little bit, then I had to drop my sweetheart off at the airport. Insert frown.

It was so nice having him here! The kids had such a great time! In fact, when I got back from bringing him to the airport, a little more than an hour after I had left, Ash ws crying hysterically on the living room floor. I scooped her up and asked Katie what happened. She said she was crying for Brandon. I hugged Ash and asked her if she misssed Brandon already? She just cried and said that she wanted "her Brandon" and wanted to give him kisses. SO CUTE!!!! She loves him so much already!! He is such a blessing in my life! I can't wait to be married to him and to have our family together all the time!

No comments: