I am SO far behind on blogging! I swear it has taken a back seat to everything else. It's hard to focus on it when I am so crazy busy with wedding planning, wedding projects, packing, working, etc, etc!!! So, I will make this quick!
Over Easter weekend I went home to Indiana to see the majority of my family (my sister Tracy even flew in from Denver to surprise me...so 5 out of the 6 siblings were there!), and to meet up with some of my dearest long-time friends! Brandon flew in for the weekend to meet all the family and friends, and to get roasted by my siblings! Funny thing was that they didn't even roast him! Him and I were both looking forward to him getting grilled, but they never did...I guess there is always next time.
On Saturday we went and got our engagement pictures taken, the kids pictures taken, and then we went ahead and did our family pictures too. (I will add them later) Directly after pictures I met up with a friend of over 13+ years, Kari, and we just caught up on what had been going on with each other's families and such. Then we headed over to my brother Jared's house. Him and his wife Sarah were nice enough to host our Easter egg hunt and family dinner. They have some land out in the country and so it was heavenly to let 16 out of the 22 grandchildren play outside for the majority of the day!! We hung out there until really late just socializing...well, and doing my sister's hair.
Sunday we went to church, had an Easter dinner with Jared & Sarah and their kids, and my parents, and then headed over to a friends house to catch up! The kids were having fun with the Tate side of the family during all this, so it was nice for them so see all of them, and for Brandon and I to have a little down time with no kids! :)
Monday we all went to the movie 'Rio' in 3D. They kids LOVED it! And props to my guy for suggesting it. I was actually looking forward to having a date with him, but he really wanted to do something for the kids. So I guess our date just included three little ones...and my parents! After the movie my childhood friend of over 17+ years, Jen, came over to my parents house to meet Brandon, see me, and to let me snuggle her new baby boy! He was delicious! Can't wait to have one!
On Monday night I said goodbye to Brandon, and then headed back to my parents house to pack, so that I could get on the road early the next morning.
It was a great weekend that went by WAY too fast! But I LOVED it! I love my family so much! It is always a blast to hang out with them! And it was so great to be able to introduce my future husband to all of them!
The boy cousins escorting the tractor with the Nerf guns
My niece Rhaine driving the cousins around
My happy guy...hiding Easter eggs for his future family for the first time
My DIVA sister Janel stealing the light when I was trying to take a picture of my brothers Kevin and Jared
The Easter bunnies! Brandon, Jordan, Jared, and Kevin
My sister Tracy and Janel bootie's!!!
Ashlyn and her eggs...ignore the horrible outfit, she borrowed her boy cousins' play clothes to play outside. I swear she was dressed like a cute little girl.
Lily and her eggs...ignore her outfit too.
Lily showing Brandon her eggs.
Most of the family in Jared's front yard.
Noah and his eggs
My niece Emma, and the butterfly that she caught...Ash in the background.
My dad relaxing by my mom
Kids eating dinner. There were so many of us that we had to eat in shifts.
Bath time for the girls! Janel did baths while I cleaned the basement, then we put the kids in the basement for movie night.
Dad, Jared, and Brandon
Jared's head is as shinny as his instrument!!
Happy Birthday to Jared (34) and Janel (32)...Kevin being Kevin in the background.
A picture without Kevin
My nephew Vaughn....he is such a cutie!
Ash looking for her Easter basket...the Easter bunny hid it!
She found it!
Lily and Noah and their baskets.
All three and their stash!
At the movies...we almost had the whole theatre to ourselves!
The kids hugging Brandon goodbye...they LOVE him!



























No comments:
Post a Comment