Today is my 30th Birthday!!!
Oddly enough, I have been excited to be in my 30's for a LONG time!
I always figured that my 30's would be the best years of my life...you know...the whole fantasy/dream of being the soccer mom, driving the mini van, having 6 kids, the big house with the white picket fence, the golden retriever, and the love of a good man...maybe I watch way too much TV! But I really did always think I would love my 30's.
Here's the crazy thing.
I will be the 'soccer mom,' driving the mini van, probably with 5-6 kids, and have the big house with the golden retriever, and will have the love of a GREAT man! And I owe it all to Brandon.
He has and is making all my dreams come true!
So today to celebrated...well...I packed.
I know, I really lived it up!
I honestly didn't do anything but clean, clean some more, pack, do laundry, and then pack so more.
By the time the kids got home from school, I was ready for a break! So, the 4 of us quickly headed out to dinner to celebrate. We went to eat at Logan's Steakhouse...I picked it only because kids could eat for free on Tuesdays! See, I can be frugal even on my birthday.
The kids each got a meal for free, and I got Steak & Garlic shrimp...YUM! We all had drinks, and the kids even got to eat $0.99 ice cream sundaes...and all for just $20.98!!! WAHOO for cheap dinners! But then to treat myself, we went through the 'Sheridan's Frozen Custard' drive through on the way home, and I got myself a LARGE strawberry cheesecake concrete!! HEAVENLY!!
Although, I can honestly say, I feel so sick right now...I am STUFFED!
Well, the kids are in bed, and I am just blogging one last post before my cable/Internet/phone service get shut off tomorrow. So, goodbye for now. I will hopefully post again soon.
FYI-I pick up the moving truck on Thursday, load it that night, then pick up Brandon from the airport at 11p. Clean the town home Friday morning, shampoo the carpets, and then head over to a friends house for dinner. Then I work Friday night, they called and asked if I wanted one more shift, I figured I might as well make a little extra money while Brandon is here and can watch the kids. Then Saturday morning Brandon will leave here with the moving truck, and with my van attached behind it, and head for Arizona.
Me and the kids will then stay one more week with our cousins...I can't leave the state until June 3...custody issue.
Although, it will be really nice to hang around with our cousins for a week and just relax! No school, no work, no packing...just some fun!
Then on June 3 me and the kids will fly to Arizona...how nice will that be?! Only a 2 hour flight instead of a 21 drive!! SWEET!
Lots going on, but yet I am still ever mindful on how blessed I am.
Life is good.

No comments:
Post a Comment