May 16, 2011

All the kids were downstairs last night, and I was upstairs addressing envelopes for the wedding invitations. All the sudden I here Lily start crying...my first instinct was, 'what did Noah do to her?' Horrible, I know. But he is usually the cause. But then the cries turned into more of a whinny hot mess, and they came closer. I realized she was coming up the stairs to tell me what I thought was a story about how her brother had picked on her. But no, she instead showed me a finger that had ONE drop of blood on it. She said she cut herself when she was trying to open something with a knife.

I brought her over to my sink, and asked her if we could wash it off. "NO! That will hurt!"

(Insert more crying)

I literally was thinking, 'it's one drop!' As if she had a pin prick on the very tip of her finger!

But Lily, being my sweet little spirit...bless her heart...made it into a HUGE deal!

I was out of band-aids, so I came up with this...

Gauze, and blue tape. Oh yeah, and it was her middle finger. (love the puffy eyes from all the crying?)

It made her happy. She was then overly caucious with her finger for the rest of the night, and even today before school. Last night she would rest her whole arm on a pillow just to watch TV!

Come on girl!! It's NOT broken!

Then at breakfast she said she couldn't eat because her finger was still hurting.

Whatever.

I played into.

I told her how sorry I was that it still hurt, gave her a hug and kiss, and sent her off to school.

Now I am just waiting for her to come home and tell me she can't do her afternoon chores because of it. Haha.

No comments: