The past two weeks have flown by!! I can't believe it is already mid April!!!
Brandon came for three days.
Then my good friend Katie and her four kids came for three days.
Then my parents came for 5 days over conference weekend.
And all our visitors came consecutively!
Plus, I worked 5 out of the 7 days last week. I have never worked so much at this job before, but since my parents were here I took advantage of them, and pulled a few extra shifts...the extra money will be heavenly!!
And finally, once I got caught up on sleep, me and kids were able to enjoy the beautiful spring weather. We have been outside playing, running, and getting our winter energy out...or at least some of us. Lily had a fever for 4 days this week, and of course she got her fever the day my parents left! Big bummer! Luckily, it was just a fever, and she was back to normal yesterday.
What else??
Oh, I got to see two good friends of mine that used to be in my ward here. They both moved away last summer, and what's sad is that both girls (who are unrelated), said that they miss this ward and this area deeply! They both said that things just aren't the same where they are at. It's made me think...in 8 weeks I will be moving from here...moving to be with a man that I love more than anything!! But nevertheless still moving. It will be really hard for me! The hardest move that I have ever made. I LOVE it here! I have such amazing friends, and such an amazing ward!
When Brandon was here two Sundays ago, he came into the Primary room to get me after church and carry my big Sunday bag for me. The Primary president wrapped her arms around me, and with tears in her eyes, told Brandon that I was irreplaceable and that she would miss me dearly! How touching! I had no idea I had much an impact!
I have developed life-long friendships here. And my cousin (which really isn't my cousin, she is my x-husbands cousins wife) here is more like a sister to me than a cousin. I have great neighbors. Great church leaders. The kids are in an amazing school system. The temple is 4 miles away. I love my calling in the primary...seriously, I do. It's just all so perfect here.
But no matter how happy I am here, and how much in love I am with this area. It is nothing compared to the amount of love that I have for my future husband. I have never been treated so good in all my life. He is amazing. And I feel so truly blessed to be with him!
So, although I am leaving this place here in two short months, I am gaining so much more! A wonderful husband, and a loving eternal family! What can top that?
So, in preparations for all the change, I have started to spend my evenings (the ones that I am not working), on little wedding craft projects, and de-cluttering the house to start packing!!
SO MUCH TO DO!! And all in 8 weeks!
But, still...I feel nothing but gratitude for where I am at, and where I am going in life. I am so truly blessed! Life is still so good, and it's only going to get better!
Love the Alaskan Summers
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment