April 13, 2011

Day #3

Look, I am day #3 of my goal to journal daily, and I haven't messed up yet. It's a miracle!

So, today I watched our little cousin Elyssa for the day...she is always so easy to have! Her and Ashlyn play so incredibly good together! The girls and I went to 'Home Depot' to buy some moving boxes, and tape. Yes, I bought moving boxes...they are super cheap, and I like how they are clean and that they will all stack neatly on top of each other in the moving truck. Oh, and this is the first time I have ever been to Home Depot, and I did NOT like it! I will never go back! I think I will stick to Lowe's...it is way nicer and has a much better selection of items.

After 'Home Depot,' me and the girls headed to 'Target' where I just got the items that were on sale combined with my coupons. Well, the grand total ended up being $56, but I saved $41. Not bad!

When we got home we did lunch, then I had the girls have "quiet time" upstairs while I gave myself a pedicure and catched up on my new favorite show, "Extreme couponing," watch it, you'll be hooked!

After quiet time we picked up Elyssa's sister, Lauryn from school, and on the way back we were getting ready to pass 'Sonic' and I thought I should stop and get the kids a slushie. It was still happy hour, and so I got one massive diet coke for me, and got 5 small slushies for all the kids for $3.84!

5 minutes later we were home, and I had five happy kiddos drinking away at their slushies wile they played outside.

I got dinner in the oven while the kids played outside, and it actually came out of the oven as cousin Matt was pulling up in the driveway. He came to up to the house to get the kids, and after chatting with him for a few moments, I handed him his 9 x 13 pan of dinner for his family, a salad(I'm trying to use up our food storage so I don't have to move it!), and he was headed home.

After a quick bite to eat, I dropped just the girls off with their cousins, whom they had just seen 30 minutes before, and Noah and I headed to the church. He had scouts, and I had a cub scout committee meeting, and a presidency meeting.

Afterwards Noah and I picked the girls back up, headed home, I tucked them all in bed, and then I talked to my sweetie for 2 hours!

It was a busy day, but it was absolutely perfect! The weather was beautiful (81 and sunny), the kids behaved perfectly, and to top it all off...Brandon and I booked our honeymoon to Hawaii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALOHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Life is so good!

It's 12:36a, and I am headed to BED!!!! Goodnight all!

No comments: