December 31, 2010

More Vacation Fun...

I have the most wonderful time here in Indiana. The kids have played so well together, although it does help that the cousins are getting older, so now they see each other as friends, and not as "the person that took my toy!"

On Monday I drove here to Indiana from Minneapolis. the drive took 9 hours exactly, and that was with only one 20 minute stop to get gas and a drink for each kiddo. We got here, the kids ran wild with their cousins, I unloaded the car, fixed a cell phone issue, the kids opened their presents from Grandma & Grandpa Harrington, I talked on the phone with my guy (someday I will post more details about him), then headed to bed somewhat early. 

Me and the kids after church on Sunday...not the best pic!
Lily opening her present from Grandma Harrington
...a new church dress!
Ash opening her present
...a new church dress!
Noah got a new microfleece coat
Janel got this for my dad...I think it is hilarious!!

Tuesday we brought all the kids to the church to run around and play in the gym. It was actually really fun! We played freeze tag, line tag, did relay races, etc. It was good to get the kids energy out, and yet not have to go out in the cold to do it.

While we were at the church, I got an amazing phone call!! I GOT A JOB!! I got a full-time job offer with a brand new home hospice care center about 30 minutes from where I live. It is actually the place that I had interviewed at two weeks ago. I feel so blessed to have a job, and to have a full-time job, with benefits, paid time off, etc. What a blessing! I will be doing 3 12-hour shifts a week, including every other weekend. It will be crazy, because I applied for night shift, and that was what they offered me. It may sound crazy to some, but night shift actually works out better for me. If I did day shift, which they only do in 12-hour shifts, then I would never see my kids! I would have to have a babysitter by 6am, and then I wouldn't see them again until after they were in bed. Plus, if I did day shift, I would miss church ever other Sunday. That wasn't an option for me. So with night shift, I will leave as the kids are going to bed, and someone will have to sleep at my house while I am at work, BUT...I will be home on time to get the kids up in the morning, get them breakfast, get the big kids on the bus, and then I can bring Ash to the babysitter so I can sleep. Then I can wake up on time to get Ash, and get the big kids from the bus stop. I can do homework with them, still bring Lily to ballet, Noah to cub scouts, do dinner with them. and tuck them in bed. I will be able to still be a mom, and spend that quality time with them that I love so much! Hopefully, once we will get into a routine soon, and then things should go more smoothly. Can't wait!! MONEY!!!! :)

Tuesday night I got a haircut. I hadn't had a haircut in 7 months, so it was well needed! I asked for a trim, and once I got home I realized it was a little more than a trim, but it looks way healthier, so it's all good! The kids got to go to Grandma and Grandpa Tates that same evening and open their Christmas presents from them...that of course made them happy! I think it is important that they still spend time with all of their family on that side. That is still their family, and that still need to maintain those relationships! So every time that I come home to Indiana, I will get a nice little break as they spend time with that side of their family.


Wednesday we went sledding with the kids, and then came home and let them play outside in the snow for hours. After they all came in, they changed into clean/dry clothes, and snuggled up in the living room to watch a Redbox movie. Then later that evening we brought the kids to McDonald's to run in the 'Playplace' and get energy out.

The girl cousins during their Redbox movie

Thursday we did sugar cookies with the kids. Janel cut out hand print sugar cookies with their actual hand print on the dough. Then we let them "paint" the cookies with colored egg yolks. They of course thought it was cool that they could "paint" their hands, and then eat them! My best friend from high school, Jen, showed up for a few hours and hung out. She is 7 months pregnant, so I thoroughly enjoyed rubbing her belly and admiring her preggo body. So jealous! I love being pregnant! Oh, and after the kids were in bed us girls headed to the mall to get me a new bra! It was well needed!! With my weight loss, I was in desperate need for a bra that fit right! Let's just say that now that girls are perky again!! (I went down a cup size, and one size around!!)


Janel helping Lily with her cookie hand
Janel and Ashlyn
Janel pretending to stab Noah...nice.

The boys coloring their hands
The girls (Lily in front) coloring their hands

Today is New years Eve, and I made a pumpkin dessert & no bake cookies. Mom and Janel made taco soup in the crock pot, and then we have just been here all day hanging out with my brother and his family that are here from Indy. They have a new baby, Vaughn, that is 6 weeks old, so I have enjoyed getting my baby fill! :)


The kiddos are out with the Tates again, and so i have had a relaxing night. I balanced my check book, did  a load of laundry, and now I am able to catch up on my blogging. It' so nice to have a night off!! :)


In 6 more hours I will ring in the new year...2011!!!! I am beyond excited for what 2011 holds in store for me and the kids! I already feel immensely blessed, but I know that this year will only bring more blessings!


All the kids dancing to 'I like to Move It, Move It'
Schuyler, Noah, and Emma playing Uno
Me and baby Vaughn...LOVE this boy!

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Congrats on the job,Missy! You'll do great.