Monday night I was sitting at the computer, it was around 9:30p, and I thought, 'wow, I am really cold.' But this isn't anything big lately, my bedroom (where my computer is) is always cold lately, and I swear with a sudden weight loss, I am lacking extra insulation! (This is a good thing...haha)! I put on comfy pj's and slippers, thinking this would solve the problem. Nope. A little later I was still freezing, and decided to instead put on my footie pajamas. This didn't work either. By around 11:30p I was in full pj's and had footie pajamas over the top of them!! We are talking multiple layers here people!!! And yet I was still cold! I shut down the computer and headed downstairs to the couch to sleep (no bed...long story). I looked at the thermostat and it said '63!!!' No wonder I was freezing!! It was 63 downstairs and my room is usually 10 degrees colder...seriously!! I must've been in the 50's in my room!! After some investigation, I realized the heater was broken. I opened the oven, set it to 350 degrees, and opened all the kids bedrooms doors so the heat would flow in their rooms more easily, then went to sleep. It took me awhile to fall asleep because I kept worrying that Daisy, our kitty, would decide to jump into the hot oven and I would suddenly wake to a screeching cat suddenly being burned/cooked to death!! But eventually, exhaustion took over and I was out! In the morning I woke to a nice warm house...71 degrees to be exact. That day I had my last CNA class, so got the kids dressed, and ready and dropped them off at the babysitters by 7a, and headed to school. When I returned I made phone calls to home teachers and men in the ward to ask if anyone could come and light my pilot light...which is what I thought was wrong. My hometeacher graciously came over straight from work and brought his son...who just happens to do heating and cooling as a profession! They worked on the heater, and comes to find out, it needing a new heating coil. They replaced the heating coil, and then when they flipped it on to test it, the thermostat when out!!! So then they had to replace it! There were multiple phone calls made to my landlord...because we all know that I don't have the money to pay for it! And then after being at my house for almost 2 hours...I was up and running...and warm! :) What a blessing to have such amazing hometeachers!!
Wednesday I had a job interview in the morning (yay me!), and then in the night I offered to watch my friends 4 kids while she went to work, it should've only been for 3 hours, until her husband could get home from work and then come by and pick them up. Let's just say that all hell broke loose within minutes of them being dropped off. Literally. Her little girl (age 2), who is overly active, overflowed the basement toilet...after having a BM. Yeah, that was fabulous. I mopped, sanitized, and then put the bath mat in the washer. Then the kids came to tell me that this same little girl just threw a glass piggy bank off of the top bunk and it had shattered all of the girls floor. I put her in a time out, and began the clean up...vacuuming, shaking things off, putting more things in the washer. Urg, this was going to be a long night! Then the little girl pooped her pants. Seriously!! So, put her in the bath, put her in clean pj's and sent her downstairs to play. Within 3 seconds she had run into Ash (by accident though) and when their heads collided, Ash started bleeding and got a fat lip! I scooped Ash up and brought her upstairs. I put a cold, wet cloth against her lip and then snuggled her on the couch. While I am still holding her, and comforting her from her bleeding lip, my friends 5 year old comes upstairs BLEEDING all over!!! It was dripping off his face! I throw Ash onto the couch, with her wet rag, and tell her to hold it on her lip. Then I take the 5 year old and put him on my kitchen counter, and grab a towel and put immediate pressure on his head. I pushed so hard!! You have no idea! There was blood everywhere! Plus, there were 5 kids standing behind me asking questions, and Ash on the couch still bleeding and crying. Yeah, it was fabulous! As I held the towel to his head, and pressed him into my chest for added pressure, I dialed a best friend from here in the ward that has a husband who is a pediatrician! I screamed, "L*** is bleeding all over, I think he needs to go to the ER, and I am kind of panicking here so can Barrett come over?? I can't even load them all in my van to bring him myself! Get Barrett over here!!" Graciously, Barrett was at my door about 5 minutes later, and of course he was calm. He's a doctor, so I think it takes a lot to freak him out. He asked me to remove the towel. I told him "no." He looked puzzled. I said again, " Barrett, there was a lot of blood, so it is really bad. There is no way I am taking the pressure off." He looked at my floor, and my sink, and my counter, and then realized, this is a bigger cut than we thought! But, he assured me that he had it handled, so I took the towel off. You would not believe...there was a flap of skin hanging off of his poor head! Guess who did something? Yup, the sweet two year old that also overflowed my toilet, shattered a piggy bank, pooped her pants, and gave Ash a fat lip. Isn't she lovely? I'm kidding! She actually is a doll, she is just super busy. After a talk with Barrett, and the dad (who had shown up by now to pick up the kids), they decided to take him to the ER. The result? Poor little buddy got 5 staples!!! Yeah, it was that bad. And what did she throw at his head you ask? A tupperware! Who knew a tupperware could do so much damage!
Wasn't my week sounding great so far!? Just kidding, there always seem to be some sort of drama or issue going on in my life, I have just learned to roll with it. I can't control a broken heater, or a wild 2 year old. So things that are out of my control, I have learned to not let bother me. See the positive (at least I had great HT to come and fix the heater, and at least the two year old isn't mine!...jk), and move on!
Thursday I had a great day. I had friends over for lunch, ran errands, played on FB (I finally have access to my account again...oh, how I missed Facebook!), Ash took a 3 hour nap!! It was a good day. But then come in the evening...well, I won't discuss it, but since this is my journal, I have to say something so that I will remember the day. Well, anyways, let's just say that I dropped the kids off at their dads, for their visitation, and headed to the quarterly RS Enrichment activity. During it I started feeling sick to my stomach and head achy...because of some unnecessary drama. Which I will say, that drama never effected me like this until the divorce. I used to just get over it, after I vented, but I literally get sick now! So, I left the Enrichment after only 20 minutes, headed home, and within one hour there was HUGE drama! I was SICK! Seriously, are you kidding me?? Are we really going to act like that? Are we really going to play these games? Can't we just grow up?? URG! People wonder why I keep on losing weight? Guess no longer! Oh, I have lost 15 pounds since I filed for divorce! That is a positive! :) Anyways, after a great day, and an eventful drama filled evening...I fell asleep and dreamed of sheep! Kind of.
On a side note, do you want to hear a really cool quote...'When you can't sleep, instead of counting sheep, talk to the Shepard.' Isn't that the coolest! That quote has helped me a lot over the past several years, and especially the past several months. When I feel like I have nowhere else to turn, when I can't sleep, when I am sad, and don't know what else to do...I pray. It's my comfort. I am so grateful for my personal relationship with my Savior!
Friday the kids had friends over for Friday night pizza night and Redbox rental! We do it every Friday night! And this time they got to have friends over to do it with. I LOVE when people come over! it is always loud, and crazy, and hectic, but it is also so much fun, and it makes my kids so happy! All the girls played upstairs and did makeover...yes, I gave them my make-up, and hair products, and told them to go crazy! The boys played downstairs...shooting each other repeatedly with Nerf guns! After pizza we watched 'Up' and had popcorn. It was fabulous...and drama free!!
The girls doing Ashlyn's makeover
PIZZA!
The boys had to eat on the floor...lack of table space!
Saturday I just did chores, to prepare to leave for vacation next week. Lily went to a birthday party. I watched 'Charlie St. Cloud' which I got from Redbox when I got the kids their movie. Can I just say...that was a great movie!! I highly suggest it. Plus, the Zac Efron eye candy is fabulous in it! The kids cousins spent the night so their Aunt and Uncle could go to a work related Christmas party. So, we did pizza leftovers, a movie...again, and ice cream sundaes for all 5 kiddos! And amazingly enough, every one was in bed by 8p! I then did a hi-lite, two haircuts, planned sharing time for primary, and then pulled an all nighter...talking on the phone with a boy!! That was fun! :) :) :) :)
Okay, so that about sums up my week. I will try to get better about posting more often! One huge long post isn't as fun to read!
Thanks for all your prayers. The kids and I feel very blessed this holiday season to be together, healthy, safe, happy, and to be so loved by so many people. Life is good.





No comments:
Post a Comment