July 11, 2012

Puppy Love

Our sweet puppy, Carly, had become the center of our home. She rules this house and our hearts.

When we got her it was an impulsive buy. She was on the side of a busy rode, laying on a sheet, on some gravel, with two or her sisters. They were tiny!! The people selling her wanted $20, but Brandon and I only had $6 cash. We offered it to them, and they took it. We quickly hopped into our car and looked at our new purchase, and the newest member of our family, and then thought 'what have we just done?' Kind of. We actually wanted to get a dog for the kids, but I am a big dog person, and this certainly wasn't going to be a big dog.

We went straight to a pet store to get supplies, and while we were there we weighed her. She was only 1 lb. 4 oz.!!! She couldn't eat solids yet, so for the next week I fed her every 2-3 hours from a puppy bottle. I was smitten by this point. She was my baby.

The funnier part is that I guess she really got me baby hungry, because the week we got her was the week we conceived our baby. Only 2 1/2 weeks after getting Carly, we found out we were pregnant. Ironic really.

Now, 7 months later, we can't imagine our life without her, and I can't imagine having a bigger dog...she is the perfect size and she has the perfect personality for our family! She is so sweet and so loving, and yet she has some sass! Luckily I am due soon to have our baby, or I might just want another one. Puppies are so much fun!

Here are some recent pictures...


Brandon wearing Carly in his shirt...yes, his eyes are closed once again.



Carly learning to drink from my glass. She has only done it this once. The kids just wanted to see if her head would fit in my glass. (notice my feet are up in the background? This must have been right as I was starting to have some swelling)


And here are some from the first two weeks we had her...
  

How could you not just love that face????? Dang, she is cute!!

No comments: