July 11, 2012

Funky Funk

So, lately I have been in what I like to call a "Funky Funk."

I just feel really blah lately. Not depressed. Not sad. Not happy. Just BLAH!

I have tried to rack my brain as to what it could be, and than last night it hit me! I sat on the couch reading an article from the newest issue of 'LDS Living' Magazine. In this article a young woman, who had overcome many trials in life, found happiness in serving others, and by surrounding herself in the gospel & in her talents. 

LIGHT BULB moment!

I was blah lately because I haven't been surrounding myself in the gospel and in my talents!

We haven't been consistently doing Family home Evening, family prayers, or even family scripture study. I have just been going through the motions of getting up, cleaning house, running errands, cleaning some more, cooking, watching TV, and then going to bed. 

I go to church every Sunday, and do my visiting teaching every month. And Brandon and I even consistantly go to the temple. But where is my DAILY spiritual nourishment?? Where in there was I enriching my Spirit of even the Spirit of our children...DAILY?

What's even more sad is that as soon as school got out, I made Book Of Mormon reading charts for all three kids and I, and we committed to reading the entire Book Of Mormon before school would start again in August. Well...school starts in 4 weeks and we have read 7 chapters!! Apparently, I have a hard time sticking with things.

Since moving here to Arizona, I haven't worked out, scrap booked, and obviously I have BARELY blogged. I don't do hair anymore because there are like 10 million beauticians in my ward and in the surrounding wards, so they already have a huge clientele. I have been focusing so much on getting the kids settled, and in a routine, and helping Brandon to get adjusted, that I have forgotten about myself. Almost lost myself. (This isn't a pitty party, I just realized that I am not doing anything that I used to LOVE to do!)

Esentially,I feel like I haven't been nourishing me . And yet, I KNOW when I am Spiritually fed, and personally fed by nourishing my talents, I am a better wife and mother.

So, tomorrow is a new day.

Tomorrow I will work more on me.

Tomorrow I will fill my Spiritual cup.

Tomorrow I will nourish at least one of my talents.

Tomorrow I will serve someone.

Tomorrow I will smile more.


No comments: