Back when I was single (and even in my previous marriage) I would only rarely use coupons. I shopped at cheaper stores, and looked for sales. But I never realized how much money I could be saving until I married Brandon and we started clipping coupons and really watching the ads!
Being married to an accountant has many advantages, but one of them is that he is really good with a budget and will sticking to it. So, now have I. Of course there are those months where something unexpected comes up, or maybe I go over in a certain category, but overall, I am WAYYY better at money now than I ever have been!
The biggest money saver tip??
Don't pay retail for anything. Especially groceries. And in fact, I have gotten a little snobby about how much I will spend on certain items. For example, I will NOT spend more than $1 on a box of cereal! It's really ridiculous to spend more than that. You can get the boxes so cheap by clipping coupons, price matching, and waiting for the "good" deals to come around. Right now I have 70+ boxes in my food storage and none of the boxes did I pay more than a $1.
A few weeks ago when I went to the grocery to get more boxes. Brandon thought he would stack them up on our Island and carry them into our pantry for me. Well, about 2 seconds later he dropped all the boxes on our kitchen floor. The pictures turned out bad because of the lighting, but you get the point.
I guess it's the thought that counts. Just kidding! He was trying to be silly.
Our best money saver this month though was on Huggies diapers!! It's never too early to prepare, and with my due date about 8 weeks away, we figured that we might as well stock up now.
A box of Huggies diapers usually cost about $19.77 at Wal-mart. Well, we had a K-mart ad where they said they were selling their Huggies diapers for $5.99 a box!!! So we took the add to Wal-mart and had them price match it. This picture was taken after about 6 hours of diapers shopping on a Saturday afternoon. What's funny is that we have bought more since this picture, and we now have 39 boxes!!!
I love saving money!!
And now I have Brandon even more addicted...he was like a kid in a candy store every time we bought a box. Remember, he is an accountant, so if he knows he is saving money, he is one happy husband!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment