January 30, 2012

Phoenix Zoo

Grandma and Grandpa Speth (Brandon's parents) came for a visit in November. They were coming for Brandon's cousins sealing. His dad Larry came for 3 days, but we were lucky enough to have Brandon's mom, Maxine, come for a whole week!

SHE IS A BLAST!! I really love her! By far, the best mother-in-law in the world! He is kind, helpful, understanding, funny, great with the kids, and she loves me and treats me like her own daughter. Mazine and I could stay up late laughing like we were best friends & shop all day like we were sisters! She is fabulous!

While Grandpa and Grandma Speth were here, we went to a baptism, attended a sealing, did a lot of shopping and eating out, and headed to the zoo for a day!

Once again, I slacked on taking pictures while they were here, but I did get a bunch of us while we were at the zoo.

Enjoy!


The kids watching a peacock getting fed...up close!
Turtles having sex...HILARIOUS!!! I had just given "the talk" to Noah, and so he thought this was disgusting! But us adults couldn't stop laughing...especially as the turtles moaning got really loud!! (The guy was on top and he was smashing the poor girl down into a muddy hole!)
Prairie dogs





For anyone thinking of visiting this zoo...which by the way is apparently rated #5 zoo in the U.S...DON"T WASTE YOUR TIME! Everything cost extra...the train, the carousel, petting the sting rays! They nickel and dime you for everything! And since we live in the desert, all you see are tons of  "plains" animals. No arctic animals, or sea creatures. It really made me miss the Indy zoo...we LOVED the polar bear and petting the sharks there!

No comments: