So, my New Year's resolution...take more pictures, and try to keep the blog more up to date!
Moving on...
Here's what's weird about Arizona...they have two kinds of grass.
Winter grass
and
summer grass.
Winter grass is just like the midwest grass that I LOVE! It's long, luscious, and you can sink your toes into it. Summer grass is nasty! It's short...short enough that you have to have a special lawn mower just to cut it. It has hardly no root bed, and feels like tiny weeds...not soft at all!!
Well, at the end of summer, you have to thatch your yard to get all the old summer grass up, and then you have to plant the new winter grass seed. Yeah, you read that right. You have to plant grass in your yard twice a year! And once it's planted, you can't walk on the lawn for 6-8 weeks while the grass takes root.
SO FRUSTRATING!!!
I guess it's worth it to have green grass year round, but I am definitely still adjusting to the desert!
The day before Brandon was going to plant the new grass seed, and we would be quarantined to indoor play only for 6+ weeks, I decided to put together an impromptu campout with the kids in the backyard.
We put the tent up, had hot dogs on our grill, and ate smores!! At around 8p we climbed into the tent to get some shut eye...and instead we just laid there...and laid there...and laid there. Why? Because our neighbor's
3 dogs
were constantly barking!!!! Come to find out, our neighbors were gone for the weekend and the dogs missed them so much they decided to bark ALL. NIGHT. LONG!!! At around midnight we came in, and went to sleep inside our nice, warm home. The dogs finally stopped barking at about 3am...glad we didn't try to wait them out! We would've been miserable!!!
Nevertheless, the kids had fun, and I learned that I now need to coordinate our next campout with our neighbors!
Noah and the two boys I babysit for. They were with us for the dinner and smores part of the evening.




No comments:
Post a Comment