WE ARE PREGNANT!!
Our first baby together...#4 overall, is due September 6, 2012!!
Now, the story behind it.
Brandon and I of course wanted to have our own biological children, and so we knew early on that we would start trying to have kids pretty early in the marriage. Funny thing is that I have always been able to get pregnant really easily, but I worried 'what if that isn't the case now that I am married to Brandon.'
So, in December we forgoed birth control thinking, 'what are the chances of getting pregnant the first month?' And really, what are they?
Well...apparently really good! Because it worked.
I got what I thought was my period right on time, and continued to spot for a couple of days, so I thought we were definitely not preggo and that we could always try for real later on. Well after 3 days of light spotting, I started to question, 'could I be pregnant?'
I ran to CVS to buy a test, which I had saved a coupon for. Sweet...$1 off!
As soon as I got home I took it and I just stared down at the test as it showed up immediately with a PLUS SIGN!!
I WAS PREGNANT!!
It took a few seconds for it to sink in. It had been almost 5 years since I was pregnant, and I honestly thought at times in my life (like right after the divorce) that I might never have any more kids. Plus, that means that we were fertile!! One month of forgoing birth control and we were preggo!!
I of course immediately called my sister Janel...it is tradition. She screamed in delight for me and began her line of questions,
"are you excited?"
"Was it planned?"
"How did you tell Brandon?"
Well...I hadn't told Brandon yet. And in fact, he still thought I had got my monthly. So, how would I tell him??
I found out on January 2 that I was pregnant, and for two days I didn't say a word! I couldn't get up the nerves to say the words. What would he do? How would he react?
I know that he would be happy and that this is what we both wanted, but I just have baggage from my previous relationship where saying that I was pregnant never went over well. So I pushed that anxiety onto Brandon and I's relationship.
What's funny is that on Tuesday night we were playing monopoly and we were making jokes about having a baby and I just bit my lip. The timing wasn't right.
But Wednesday night I had to say something! I had already known for 2 days!!
Brandon has always wanted a baby boy. So at a nearby boutique I found an adorable onesie with a tie sewn on it. I had it gift wrapped and laid on the bed with the pregnancy test when I got home. On top of the present was a handwritten note. I won't say what was on the note, but I will say what the last line read. It said, "You are an amazing father to the three kids that we have now, and I know that you will be an amazing father to OUR baby due in September."
I laid on our bed with the present and the letter on top of it. He came out of the bathroom and asked, "what is this?" I told him I wanted to get him a present to let him know how much I loved him. I seriously had no idea what else to say!!
He laid on the bed next to me and started to read the letter.
As I watched him read the letter my heart was pounding and I was on pins and needles. I watched his eyes so carefully so I could tell when he was at the end. Then, he started to read it aloud. He got to the last line and said, "...our baby due in September. (pause) OUR baby? (pause again) We're pregnant??"
I smiled and shook my head yes.
He just smiled, and then laid his head on my leg and said, "this is good news." He rubbed my legs for a few seconds and then opened the present. He just stared at the little onesie, and kept saying, "I am going to be a dad?"
So then I had to fill him in as to why I was so nervous and I had to confess that I had known for 2 days!! He kept saying, "why were you so scared to tell me, you know I would be happy."
I love that man! He got so excited and immediately started talking about baby names. Then on Sunday we told the kids, and he gave me a priesthood blessing. It couldn't have gone any better!!
This baby was meant to be here, and we were obviously meant to get pregnant this fast. So although the timing is a little funky (I am due in the hottest month of the year here in Arizona!!), we know that it was all meant to be.
(Oh, I have low progesterone (a hormone needed to sustain a pregnancy), and so I quickly got on a prescription of it, and then the spotting stopped, and me and the baby were fine.)



No comments:
Post a Comment